Field Engineer – North America
The Rancher Labs team is seeking a Field Engineer to work with our users and customers in North America. Our ideal candidate will have experience working with containers and container orchestration, strong technical and communication skills, and some understanding of IT infrastructure, Dev/Ops, open source software and/or application development. Most importantly, the user must be excited about working to transform how organizations develop and run their applications.
To succeed in this role you will need to be able to work closely with both commercial customers and open source users to help them understand the impact Rancher can deliver for their business. This role we be part of the Rancher field team, and will be compensated based on a combination of base salary and commission. Rancher Field Engineers should expect to travel extensively (up to 50-60% of the time) as the role will include onsite consulting and pre-sales technical engagements.
Job Responsibilities Include
We will accept a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a closely related field plus 5 years experience in job offered or related occupation. Experience must include:
- Maintaining an expert-level understanding of the Rancher Labs portfolio of products.
- Understanding complimentary technology, such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Providing technical consulting for Rancher users architecting container solutions.
- Working with Customers to implement solutions based on Rancher
- Demonstrating the impact of Rancher for users.
- Building Rancher extensions, catalog items and integrations to solve customer problems
- Writing proposals and responding to customer requests for information
- Developing and executing account plans for strategic accounts.
- Maintaining long term relationships with customers and partners.
- Understanding feature requests and advocating for customers and users with product management.
- Providing leadership and customer feedback throughout the sales lifecycle.
- Acting as a public representative of Rancher Labs in North America, including writing, speaking at industry events, conferences and seminars.
- Work with existing customers to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Travel up to 50% of the time.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication.
The ideal candidate has experience that includes:
- 5-10 years of experience working with relevant technology as either a user or field engineer.
- Experience presenting on technical concepts to endusers.
- Experience architecting highly available systems.
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD software.
- Experience with containers and container orchestration (Rancher, Kubernetes, Docker, Mesos)
- Experience speaking at Industry events
- Comfort communicating using social media, blogging, and/or video.
- Experience working in an open source community.
- Experience providing classroom training.
- Excellent technical knowledge and aptitude for learning.
- Ability to set and maintain goals, welcome feedback and enjoy success.
- Enthusiasm for working in a startup environment
Please include information about your experience working with containers in your cover letter.