The Rancher Labs team is seeking a hands-on Consulting Engineer/Architect to work with our global enterprise customers. Our ideal candidate will have experience working with containers and container orchestration, strong technical and communication skills, and some understanding of IT infrastructure, DevOps, open source software and/or application development. Most importantly, the user must be excited about working to transform how organizations develop and run their applications.
To succeed in this role you will need to be able to work closely with our customers to help them understand the impact Rancher can deliver for their business. This role will be part of the Rancher Professional Services team, and will be compensated based on a combination of base salary and bonus, based on MBOs. Rancher Consulting Engineers should expect to travel extensively (up to 40-50% of the time) as the role will include onsite consulting and technical engagements for customer success.
We will accept a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a closely related field plus 5 years experience in job offered or related occupation.
Job responsibilities include:
- Providing technical consulting for Rancher users architecting container solutions.
- Working with Customers to implement solutions based on Rancher and Kubernetes.
- Hands-on programming that includes building automation scripts, Rancher extensions, catalog items and integrations to solve customer problems.
- Maintaining an expert-level understanding of the Rancher Labs portfolio of products.
- Understanding complimentary technology, such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Demonstrating the impact of Rancher for users.
- Maintaining long term relationships with customers and partners.
- Providing leadership and channeling feedback throughout the lifecycle of customer engagements.
- Understanding feature requests and advocating for customers and users with product management.
- Work with existing customers to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Working effectively in a proactive manner with both customers and colleagues, many of whom will be geographically distributed. We use Zoom and Slack a lot!
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication.
- Travel up to 40-50% of the time.
The ideal candidate has experience that includes:
- 5-10 years of hands-on experience working with relevant technology as either a user or engineer.
- Experience presenting on technical concepts to end-users.
- Experience architecting highly available systems.
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD software.
- Experience with containers and container orchestration (Rancher, Kubernetes, Docker, Mesos).
- Experience working in any modern Linux environment.
- Experience providing technical training.
- Excellent technical knowledge and aptitude for learning.
- Ability to set and maintain goals, welcome feedback and enjoy success.
- Enthusiasm for working in a startup environment.
Candidate can be anywhere in the US, but needs to be in the US and authorized to work here. Background checks will be done.
Please include information about your experience working with containers, to solve customer problems, in your cover letter.