The Rancher Labs team is seeking a Customer Success Engineer to work with our customers in North America. Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, with an ability to develop lasting customer relationships, combined with a technical background, preferably working with containers and container orchestration, and some understanding of IT infrastructure and Dev/Ops. Most importantly, the candidate must be excited about working with our customers to ensure successful adoption of Rancher technology throughout the organization.
Your responsibilities as the Customer Success Engineer for a subset of North American Rancher customers will include: assisting with the onboarding process, providing technical training on Rancher products, holding periodic customer review and update meetings, fielding technical questions, introducing new products and best practices, managing any technical escalations to support, finding new areas for expansion within existing customers, managing the contract renewal process, as well as owning the quota for the assigned customers' book of renewal business, and managing the opportunity and forecast process within Salesforce.
Other Job Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining an expert-level understanding of the Rancher Labs portfolio of products
- Understanding complimentary technology, such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Understanding feature requests and advocating for customers and users with Rancher product management.
- Working with customers to ensure timely adoption of Rancher technology
- Providing answers to customer technical questions
- Driving revenue and growing market share through renewals and expansions
- Meeting or exceeding quarterly and annual renewal targets
- Establishing, growing and maintaining long term relationships with customers
- Scheduling regular communication checkpoints with customers
- Demonstrating excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication
We prefer a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a closely related field.
The ideal candidate has experience that includes:
- 3-5 years of experience working with relevant technology as either a user or field engineer
- Preferred - experience with DevOps and CI/CD software.
- Preferred - experience with containers and container orchestration (Rancher, Kubernetes, Docker, Mesos)
- Excellent technical knowledge and aptitude for learning
- Serving in a role that's customer focused
- Ability to set and maintain goals and achieve quota
- Clear writing and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Enthusiasm for working in a startup environment
To succeed in this role, you will need to be able to work closely with commercial customers to help them understand the impact Rancher can deliver for their business. This role will be part of the Rancher Customer Success team, and will be compensated based on a combination of base salary and commission. Rancher Customer Success Engineers should expect only periodic travel.