Seeking a part-time web developer (up to 20 hours/week) for Rancher. The individual will work remotely with several members of the marketing and engineering teams.
Job responsibilities include:
- On-going updates to web pages which includes copy edits as well as development changes. The latter includes building new site features and functions (for e.g. new buttons, changes to page architecture, changes to blog indexing, new author displays). It also includes troubleshooting pull requests and markdown issues
- Build and maintain web pages on our current site as well as build new pages/microsites by editing or modifying existing templates or creating new ones
- Create web pages that are visually appealing and have good UX
- Test web pages for cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility
- Add/remove/edit tracking code on the website
- Create pull requests, merge and push them live – requests may come from the marketing team, the SEO agency, and other folks on the team
The ideal candidate has experience that includes:
- Worked with Git repository and websites in Hugo
- Solid understanding of current web design practices
- Experience with cross-browser, cross-platform web development
- Bonus: ability to edit Hubspot templates
Candidate can be anywhere in the US, but needs to be in the US and authorized to work here. Background checks will be done.
To apply, send a cover letter and examples of websites you’ve worked on. Please include information about your experience working with containers, to solve customer problems, in your cover letter.