At Rancher Labs, we build innovative, open source software that makes it easy to deploy and manage containers in production on any infrastructure. We enable organizations to accelerate all aspects of their software development pipeline, from writing and testing code to running complex microservices-based applications. We are well-funded and are ready to disrupt the market by leveraging new technologies like Docker and Kubernetes. The company was started by the team behind Cloud.com, maker of the Apache CloudStack software, which was acquired by Citrix in 2011.
As an QA Automation Engineer, you will be part of a world-class engineering team. You will help improve the quality, performance, and resiliency of products like Rancher and RancherOS. You will develop comprehensive test suites and strive for full automation coverage of key product features. You will push the envelope of the technology in multiple fronts.
You must be knowledgeable and passionate about quality and automation. You must be well versed in dynamic languages like Python. Experience with DevOps practices and continuous integration environments will be helpful. You must be a quick learner and can get up to speed with latest Docker and Kubernetes container technologies.
What you will be doing:
- Help improve the quality, performance, and resiliency of products like Rancher and RancherOS
- Develop comprehensive test suites and strive for full automation coverage of key product features
- Design, build, and manage advanced automated testing frameworks
- Work with your fellow engineers and our customers to create a world class product
- Participate in daily standups and working in an agile development environment
What you bring to us:
- Fluency in languages like Python or Go
- Experience in DevOps process and CI/CD pipeline tools like Jenkins, Drone, Bamboo, etc.
- Comfortable in working within a Linux environment
- Experience in building maintainable and well tested code
- Demonstrable troubleshooting and debugging ability
- A four year BS/BA degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related technical field
- Bay Area, California
- Tempe, Arizona