Duties include helping design and implement a multitude of projects and technologies including Rancher, RancherOS and Longhorn. The Software Engineer will write high quality code along with accompanying tests to minimize regression. He/she will be responsible for developing complex solutions across various micro-services by studying information needs, conferring with users, customers, market demands and real world issues.
The incumbent will interact with Rancher’s open source community and participate in IRC channels and forums to understand and help solve bugs that are found. The Software Engineer will be required to stay abreast of industry test tools and best testing practices while contributing to the development and deployment of project releases.
We will accept a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a closely related field plus 5 years experience in job offered or related occupation. Experience must include:
- Managing and maintaining complex set of automated tests assets using Python and Bash
- Implementation of automated test framework to drive test automation for continuous integration and regression testing using CI tools such as Jenkins or Drone.
- Participate in daily scrums and work in an agile development environment.
- Linux OS environment x86 and ARM64 based CPU architecture
- Develop and write code in Go and Java
- Work with Git, an open source version control system.
- We will accept any suitable combination of education, training and experience.
Please include information about your experience working with containers in your cover letter.
- Tempe, Arizona