Attention, Ansible users! We’ve released the first version of our Ansible playbooks for Rancher. Ansible is a configuration management system that allows you to write instruction manuals it uses to manage local and remote systems. These playbooks give full control over the installation and configuration of Rancher server and agent nodes, with features that include:
- Static inventory
- Dynamic inventory via EC2 tags
- Detection of multiple servers and automatic configuration of HA
- Support for local, bind-mount, and external databases
- Optional, local HAProxy with SSL termination for single-server deployments
- Ansible Vault for secure storage of secrets
This first release is for Ubuntu and Debian, and it targets EC2 as a provider. Upcoming releases will support yum-based systems (RHEL, CentOS, and Fedora) and will add support for other providers for whom dynamic inventory modules exist.
To get started, visit our Ansible playbooks repository on GitHub. There you will find instructions for general installation and setting up EC2.