Creating an AKS Cluster
You can use Rancher to create a cluster hosted in Microsoft Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS).
Obtain the following information from the Microsoft Azure Portal:
- Your Subscription ID.
- Your Tenant ID.
A Client ID and Client Secret.
Complete Create Service Principal for Azure AD to obtain this information.
To Create an AKS Cluster
From the Clusters page, click Add Cluster.
Choose Azure Kubernetes Service.
Enter a Cluster Name.
Use Member Roles to configure user authorization for the cluster.
- Click Add Member to add users that can access the cluster.
- Use the Role drop-down to set permissions for each user.
Use Cluster Options to choose the version of Kubernetes, what network provider will be used, if you want to enable Pod Security Policies and whether the nodes added to this cluster need to have a supported Docker version installed.
Complete the Account Access form using the output from your Service Principal. This information is used to authenticate with Azure.
Use Nodes to provision each node in your cluster and choose a geographical region.
Review your options to confirm they’re correct. Then click Create.
- Your cluster is created and assigned a state of Provisioning. Rancher is standing up your cluster.
- You can access your cluster after its state is updated to Active.
- Active clusters are assigned two Projects,
Default(containing the namespace
System(containing the namespaces
kube-system, if present).