Rancher supports air gap installs using a private registry. You must have your own private registry or other means of distributing Docker images to your machines. If you need help with creating a private registry, please refer to the Docker documentation.
The following CLI tools are required for this install. Make sure these tools are installed on your workstation and available in your
- kubectl - Kubernetes command-line tool.
- rke - Rancher Kubernetes Engine, cli for building Kubernetes clusters.
- helm - Package management for Kubernetes.
Note: If you install Rancher in an HA configuration in an air gap environment, you cannot transition to a single-node setup during future upgrades.
- 1. Create Nodes and Load Balancer
- 2. Collect and Publish Image Sources
- 3. Install Kubernetes with RKE
- 4. Install Rancher
- 5. Configure Rancher for the Private Registry
- 6. Configure Rancher System Charts