Illumina Innovates with Rancher and Kubernetes
Amazon Web Services is one of the most popular clouds for running Docker workloads, and we’ve seen more and more users deploy Rancher in conjunction with multiple AWS services to deliver a resilient production grade service. In our December online meetup, we discussed best practices for running applications using Docker on Amazon Web Services with Rancher. We demonstrated how to deploy, scale and manage deployments while using underlying AWS features, such as EBS, ELB, Route53, RDS, and more.
During the meetup Darren Shepherd demonstrated:
• Deploying Rancher using RDS, ELB and Route53
• Deploy capacity in AWS with Docker Machine
• Deploying persistent applications using NFS storage
• Using autoscaling groups with Rancher
• Leveraging ELB and Route53 for load balancing.
• Dynamically utilizing spot instances to reduce costs
We also had a demo from Spotinst, on how to automate management of Spot Instances.
You can view a recording of the entire meetup below, or download the slides on Slidshare.
Please join us for next months meetup, which you can register for below.