Deploying .NET applications and Microsoft SQL on Windows 2016 in Rancher 1.3With the release of Windows 2016 earlier this year, Docker containers for Windows became a reality. In our January meetup, we demonstrated Rancher 1.3, which includes experimental support for Windows environments. This meetup covers how to build Windows containers, how to use Docker compose in Windows environments, and dives into how networking, persistent storage, service discovery and other key concepts are implemented for Windows containers.
In this meetup, we demonstrated:
- Deploying Windows Containers with Rancher
- Designing a .NET and Microsoft SQL application
- Using Rancher for Windows with VMware
- Windows Container Networking models
- Using existing load balancers to manage containers