Remember when working with containers was fun and simple? When it didn’t require a doctorate to run an application? Rancher Labs remembers too, and we’ve created Rio to bring us back to those days.
Rio is a MicroPaaS built on top of Kubernetes, Istio, Knative, and Prometheus. It gives you simple commands to deploy, manage, scale, and version applications, which means that you can run your apps the way you want to without having to spend time wiring them together.
There are times when “simple” requires some additional explanation, so please join Darren Shepherd as he demonstrates Rio in this meetup.
- What resources Rio defines
- How to deploy an application
- How to scale and version the application
- How to wire the app into a repository for automatic builds and upgrades
- How to use routes to direct traffic to different services or apps