Shanghai, China (KubeCon China 2018, booth P9) Rancher Labs, a provider of container management software, today announced support for all leading Kubernetes services in China. The only enterprise Kubernetes platform that manages both self-hosted and cloud-hosted Kubernetes clusters, Rancher has now added support for Huawei Cloud Container Engine (CCE), Alibaba Cloud Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK) and Tencent Kubernetes Engine (TKE).
"Rancher continues to be the unequivocal choice for enterprises running containers and Kubernetes in production," said Sheng Liang, CEO and co-founder of Rancher Labs. "As enterprises continue to adopt Kubernetes at a global level, it is vital that we continue to expand our support. We're pleased to be the only Kubernetes management platform to support cloud-hosted Kubernetes clusters from all of the leading cloud providers."
Expanded support for Huawei Cloud, Alibaba Cloud and Tencent Cloud
Rancher is an open source Kubernetes management platform that allows organizations to deliver Kubernetes-as-a-Service to their employees and centrally manage all Kubernetes clusters, regardless of how the cluster was deployed, or where it is running. With Rancher 2.0, the company introduced the first platform to manage hosted Kubernetes services from Google (GKE), Amazon (EKS) and Azure (AKS), enforcing consistent security policies, and providing an intuitive user experience across any cluster. Now with expanded support, organizations can accelerate the adoption of Kubernetes in China and deploy applications consistently anywhere in the world.
This latest product update includes:
- Self-service provision of Kubernetes clusters in Huawei CCE, Alibaba ACK, and Tencent TKE. Users can create and upgrade CCE, ACK, and TKE clusters from Rancher UI and API.
- Integrated cloud infrastructure management and cluster scaling. Users can configure CCE, ACK, and TKE clusters, including the number of nodes in the clusters, from Rancher UI and API.
- Centralized user authentication across on-premise and CCE, ACK, and TKE clusters. Enterprise users can sign in to their CCE, ACK, and TKE clusters using their Active Directory and LDAP credentials.
- Unified access control policy across all your Kubernetes clusters. Enterprise IT administrators can configure the enforce consistent access control policies across CCE, ACK, and TKE clusters.
"Huawei CCE is the first cloud managed Kubernetes service in China," said Mr. Liao ZhenQin, Huawei Cloud BU PaaS product department general manager. "We welcome Rancher users to take advantage of the world-class Kubernetes support offered by Huawei cloud."
"As the largest public cloud service provider in China, and one of the world's top three IaaS providers, Alibaba Cloud is dedicated to empowering enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation with cloud native approach and open container technologies," said Mr. YiLi, director of engineering for Alibaba Cloud Container Technologies. "We are delighted to support Rancher through Alibaba Cloud Kubernetes Service (ACK). Available in sixteen regions around the world, we strongly believe ACK will boost the cloud migration and multi-cloud management with Kubernetes."
"Born out of the open source Kubernetes system, Tencent Kubernetes Engine (TKE) provides container-centric, highly scalable and high-performance container management services," said Mr. Liang WenJie, Tencent Cloud PaaS product manager. "Rancher support for Tencent Kubernetes Engines is very helpful, Rancher users will now be able to leverage the richest set of features offered by TKE."
The integration will be available in Rancher 2.2, scheduled to ship in early 2019. Rancher Labs will demonstrate the integration with Huawei, Alibaba and Tencent at KubeCon Shanghai in booth P9.
Kubecon China Keynote: Delivering Renewable Energy with Kubernetes
At KubeCon Shanghai, Rancher will be showcasing its success with customers in US, Europe and China. To learn more about how enterprise customers are using Rancher and Kubernetes, attend the following keynote session:
- Keynote: Delivering Renewable Energy with Kubernetes
- Speakers: Wei Zhang, VP Technology, Goldwind Smart Energy & Sheng Liang, CEO, Rancher Labs
- Date: Wednesday , November 14 at 17:38 - 17:58
- Overview: Wei and Sheng will discuss how a top wind turbine manufacturer is using Rancher to manage its Kubernetes deployments in central data center, as well as thousands of Kubernetes clusters on the edge.
About Rancher Labs
Rancher Labs builds innovative, open source software for enterprises leveraging containers and Kubernetes to accelerate software development and improve IT operations. The flagshipRancher container management platform allows users to easily manage all aspects of running Kubernetes in production, on any infrastructure.RancherOS is a simplified Linux distribution built from containers for running containers. For additional information, please visitwww.rancher.com.