Lightweight Kubernetes. Easy to install, half the memory, all in a binary less than 40mb.
- Situations where a PhD in k8s clusterology is infeasible
What is this?
k3s is intended to be a fully compliant Kubernetes distribution with the following changes:
- Legacy, alpha, non-default features are removed. Hopefully, you shouldn’t notice the stuff that has been removed.
- Removed most in-tree plugins (cloud providers and storage plugins) which can be replaced with out of tree addons.
- Add sqlite3 as the default storage mechanism. etcd3 is still available, but not the default.
- Wrapped in simple launcher that handles a lot of the complexity of TLS and options.
- Minimal to no OS dependencies (just a sane kernel and cgroup mounts needed). k3s packages required
- Host utilities (iptables, socat, etc)