Ingresses can be added for workloads to provide load balancing, SSL termination and host/path based routing. When using ingresses in a project, you can program the ingress hostname to an external DNS by setting up a Global DNS entry.
- In the upper left corner, click ☰ > Cluster Management.
- Go to the cluster that you want to add an ingress to and click Explore.
- Click Service Discovery > Ingresses.
- Click Create.
- Select an existing Namespace from the drop-down list.
- Enter a Name for the ingress.
- Create ingress forwarding Rules. For help configuring the rules, refer to this section. If any of your ingress rules handle requests for encrypted ports, add a certificate to encrypt/decrypt communications.
- Optional: click Add Rule to create additional ingress rules. For example, after you create ingress rules to direct requests for your hostname, you’ll likely want to create a default backend to handle 404s.
- Click Create at the bottom right.
Result: Your ingress is added to the project. The ingress begins enforcing your ingress rules.